Fast and easy, and meaty as sin, these beef quesadillas make a lovely weekend breakfast or snack. They can even be assembled ahead of time.
- Brown the ground beef in a very hot frying pan. If your beef has enough fat, you won’t need cooking oil at all.
- When the meat is nicely browned, turn down the heat to medium and add the chopped onion, garlic, chilies, oregano and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute or two until the onion bits caramelize a bit.
- Prepare a skillet or a clean frying pan for toasting the quesadillas.
- Spoon the cooked ground beef on one half of each tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold to close.
- Toast the filled tortillas on both sides until spotted and crisp.
- Cut each beef quesadilla in half (optional, really) and serve.
To store, cool the beef completely before assembling the quesadillas. Stack the filled tortillas, wrap in cling film and keep in the fridge for up to two days. Unwrap and grill until the cheese is gooey and the meat is heated through.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!