Corn and Cheese Mini Muffins
These mini muffins are great for breakfast, they can be packed into lunchboxes or carried to picnics. Since they’re best while the cheeses are soft, if you decide to pack and carry them, keep them in an insulated container to allow them to stay warm.
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup cubed sharp cheddar if you can find jalapeño cheddar, the better
- ¼ cup cubed feta
- ¼ cup cubed mozzarella
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- shredded corn from one small cob
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line the holes of the mini muffin pan(s) with paper cups.
- In a bowl, whisk the softened butter, sugar, honey and egg until smooth.
- Mix in the flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
- Pour in the milk slowly, mixing as you pour.
- Add the cheeses and parsley to the batter. Fold gently.
- Add the corn kernels and continue folding until all the solid ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan(s). Bake at 350F for 20 minutes (for medium-sized muffins, bake for an additional five to seven minutes).
- Cool the muffins in the pan(s) for a few minutes.
- Lift the muffins on one side then tilt them so that air can circulate to prevent trapped steam from condensing inside the holes which can make the muffins soggy.
- Serve the muffins warm.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!