Garlic Butter Toast
The breakfast I can whip up the fastest is toast. Buttered, of course. I love the smell of toasted bread and I do adore butter. But, sometimes, well… I want something more but without a lot of extra work. The best solution for me is to flavor the butter. Adding grated garlic, salt and pepper does the trick well but adding chopped fresh herbs is an even better idea.
- ½ cup butter softened
- 8 to 10 sweet basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 to 2 sprigs parsley leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 1 generous pinch salt
- 1 generous pinch white pepper
- slices baguette or your bread of choice
- cheese grated (optional)
- Stir together the softened butter, chopped basil and parsley, grated garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture generously on the bread slices. Top with grated cheese, if you like.
- Broil (or toast, if using an oven toaster) for about three minutes until the bread is crisp and browned around the edges.
- Serve the herb-garlic butter breakfast toast at once.
As as variation, you may sprinkle grated cheese on the bread slices after spreading garlic butter on them.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!