Green Onion and Feta Muffins
If you’re the kind of person who takes coffee first thing in the morning then showers before having breakfast, here’s a treat. Whip up the batter for onion and feta savory muffins while brewing your coffee, pop the muffins into the oven, take a shower and, by the time you’re dressed for the day, you’ll have delicious, hot, oven-fresh muffins. The onion leaves and chopped white onion add a delicate sweetness to these muffins that balances the briny taste of the feta cheese. Delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line seven holes of a muffin pan with paper cups.
- Heat the butter in a pan. Add the chopped onion and onion leaves. Cook gently until softened, about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the flour, crumbled feta cheese, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and cream together.
- Take the onion mixture off the pan, and quickly stir into the flour mixture. Pour in the egg and cream mixture, fold just until the batter comes together.
- Pour into the prepared muffin pan. Bake at 375F for about 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for about five minutes then transfer to a rack (just enough time for you to give the kitchen a final clean-up).
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!