SPAM, Cheese and Egg and Breakfast Casserole
A can of SPAM, eggs, milk, bread, cream cheese, spices and more cheese make up this breakfast casserole. SPAM is my husband's favorite, you see.
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 can SPAM I used bacon flavored SPAM
- 1 ½ milk
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 generous pinches paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or whatever your favorite cheese is — I do recommend that you use a salty cheese, however
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut the bread and SPAM into half-inch cubes.
- Place the milk and cream cheese in a bowl. Heat on HIGH in the microwave for a minute and a half. Beat lightly to bread up the cream cheese.
- Place the bread in a large bowl. Pour in the cream cheese and milk mixture. Add the eggs, mustard, paprika and garlic. Stir to combine. Add the SPAM cubes. Stir.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a baking dish (mine is 13″ x 9″).
- Pour in the bread and SPAM mixture. Smoothen the surface to spread evenly.
- Spread the grated cheese over the entire surface.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until slightly risen, fluffy and the top is nicely browned with toasted spots.
- Rest for about five minutes before cutting into squares or rectangles.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!