Tomato and Basil Quesadillas
I thought about making grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches but there was fresh basil in the garden and the idea of fresh herbs in my first meal of the day was too irresistible. So, I made tomato and basil quesadillas instead.A fast and easy breakfast to prepare, heating the tortillas until they are crisp makes the quesadillas even better.
- Take the clove of garlic, cut to expose the center then rub the exposed center on one surface of all the tortillas. Trust me, this works. You get the aroma of garlic and a hint of the flavor but the quesadillas are not overpowered by the garlic.
- Lay two tortillas flat (the sides rubbed with garlic on top).
- Divide the tomato slices, basil and mozzarella between them.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining two tortillas, garlic-rubbed sides touching the filling (that’s two sandwiches!).
- Grill on an oil-free skillet until heated through and the cheese melts, turning to brown both the top and bottom tortillas.
- Cut into quarters and serve immediately.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!