New York Cocktail
Categorized as a “ladies’ drink” (why, I have no idea), this is a bright-looking and fresh-tasting cocktail that is both zesty and sweet. It gets its beautiful color from grenadine, its punch from whiskey and its zing and aroma from fresh lemons.
- 4 oz. whiskey I used Southern Comfort
- 1 ½ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar I suggest substituting lemon infused simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- lemon slices to garnish
- Pour all the ingredients in a shaker.
- Drop in about four ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
- Make again.
- Serve again.
- And so on, and so forth.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!