Ginger and Lemongrass Fizz
In cocktail drinks lingo, a fizz is a cocktail drink with acidic juice and carbonated water. In layman terms, a fizz is soda water or other effervescent water. So, a drink with soda water, even if it is non-alcoholic, is still a fizz.The trick to making this drink is to make sure that the ginger and lemongrass brew is very potent. So, use lots of ginger and lemongrass and the least amount of water to make a concentrate. That way, you can use a lot of soda water to make a really fizzy drink without drowning out the flavors of the ginger and lemongrass.
- Put the ginger, lemongrass stalks and sugar in a small sauce pan.
- Pour in about a cup of water.
- Boil gently for about five minutes, turn off the heat, cover and allow to steep for at least an hour. Strain.
- Half fill glasses with ice.
- Pour in the strained ginger and lemongrass brew and twice as much soda water.
- Add torn mint leaves, stir and serve.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!