Lasagna Roll-ups with Chunky Meat Sauce
Except for the far prettier look, what has lasagna roll-ups got over the usual layered kind? If served for a crowd, the roll-ups are less messy. One rolled lasagna per person and there’s no need to cut through the layers of pasta, meat, sauce and cheese. The serving dish doesn’t look like a typhoon had gone through it after two persons have cut through and taken their portions.Is the preparation more involved? Not really. I have to admit though that it can messy. And lifting the rolled and filled noodles to arrange them in the baking dish without anything falling off can give you an adrenalin rush — from fear. I messed up once but, after that, it was smooth sailing.
Save on Pinterest
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Spread a couple of tablespoonfuls of tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking pan that should be large enough to hold all the rolled lasagna noodles.
- Stir together one cup of shredded cheese and the chopped spinach.
- Lay a lasagna noodle flat. Spread the cheese-spinach mixture on the noodle followed by the chilled chunky meat sauce.
- Roll the lasagna and immediately move to the baking tray.
- Repeat until all the noodles have been filled and rolled.
- Spoon the remaining tomato sauce on top, around and between the rolled noodles.
- Top each rolled noodle with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the meat sauce is heated through, the tomato sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!