Spaghetti with Sausage Meat and Tomato Cream Sauce
The meaty part of this pasta dish consists of spicy sausage meat and ground beef browned in a little olive oil. Diced tomatoes are poured in. Fresh oregano is added. The meat is braised until the sauce is reduced. Cream is added at the last stage. The sauce is ladled on cooked pasta and the dish is garnished with cheese and parsley.
For the sauce
- grated cheese
- flat-leaf parsley or sweet basil, chopped
Save on Pinterest
- Slit the skins of the sausages, peel off and discard. Pull the meat part into small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil. Add the beef and sausage meat. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add the chopped onion, stir and cook until the meat is lightly browned and the onion bits start to turn translucent.
- No garlic? Whether or not garlic should be added depends on the kind of sausage you’re using. If using a spicy and garlicky variety, adding more garlic might be overkill. So, I’ll leave the garlic part to you.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes. Strip the oregano leaves off their stalks directly on top.
- Stir. Season with salt, pepper and a bit of sugar to balance the acidity of the tomatoes. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour in the cream.
- Stir and boil gently, uncovered to prevent curdling, for about a minute. Adjust the seasonings, if necessary.
- To serve, place some cooked pasta on a plate or shallow bowl. Ladle a generous amount of sauce and meat over the noodles. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Garnish with parsley or basil.
- Have a lovely meal.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!