Sweet Potatoes, Pepper and Habanero Salad
You get the light crispness of raw vegetables, the creaminess of sweet potatoes, the beautiful aroma of the bell pepper and the heat from the habanero. With a salad as filling as this, you can serve it as main course to a vegetarian. For omnivores, serve it as a starter course or as a side salad to go with grilled meat. The salad is just awesome with lamb chops.What makes this sweet potatoes, pepper and habanero salad such a wonderful gastronomic experience? It’s the combination of sweet and spicy. If you’ve never heard it before, something sweet cuts down the sharp heat from chilies. Together, they make a delightful union. And adding them to raw vegetables makes sure that your salad isn’t just a plate of spicy carbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Spread the sweet potato cubes in a single layer. Cook until the undersides are lightly browned then flip.
- Add the bell pepper strips, habanero, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir lightly. Cook until the opposite sides of the cubes sweet potatoes are browned. Transfer to a plate and cool.
- Rinse, spin dry and tear the lettuce. Toss with the diced tomatoes and cucumber rings. Add the cooled sweet potatoes, bell pepper and habanero.
- Drizzle in your salad dressing. Toss.
- Sprinkle in grated Parmesan. Serve.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!