Mushroom Puff Pastry Pizza
Roll the puff pastry, poke holes for steam vents, cover with tomato slices, mushrooms and cheese, then bake. Baking puff pastry pizza is an easy but highly satisfying way to satisfy that pizza craving without making a crust from scratch.
- Preheat the oven to 475F.
- Dust your work surface with flour.
- Place the puff pastry on the floured surface and sprinkle with more flour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the puff pastry into a rectangle (or square or circle, if you prefer) about a quarter of an inch thick. Trim the edges, optionally, for a cleaner look.
- Poke the rolled puff pastry all over with a fork.
- Using a blunt knife, make an indentation to create a half-inch margin along all four edges of the puff pastry.
- Using the indentation as a guide, fold in the edges and press lightly.
- Lay the tomato slices on the puff pastry and sprinkle with herb salt.
- Spread the shredded mozzarella over the tomatoes.
- Scatter the mushroom slices on top of the mozzarella and sprinkle with more herb salt.
- Cover the mushrooms with shredded Parmesan.
- Slide the pizza into a tray and bake at 475F for about 15 minutes or until the edges are nicely browned and puffed.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Save on Pinterest
You could, of course, add meat. Chopped ham or slices of pepperoni are perfect. Salami is a great choice too. Or lightly cooked chopped bacon.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!